Tag Archives: yard
It used to be common place that your hot tub would sit in a sheltered area of your garden, perhaps on a patio or decking. Add a couple of garden lights and you were ready to indulge in a dip. However, garden design trends have come on leaps and bounds and people are wanting to create an experience around their hot tub.
The outdoor room is a popular trend that enhances the area around your hot tub to create the perfect area for relaxation and entertainment. If you want to find out how to create a hot tub haven to escape to, keep on reading.
Let’s Get Started
The process of creating your perfect hot tub space can be broke down into manageable chunks. Initially, you will want to determine the best place to create the space; you will need a solid foundation and safe electrical connections.
Next, if you haven’t received your hot tub yet, have a look online to get its measurements. You will want to make sure the tub fits in the desired place. When measuring a prospective area for your hot tub and outdoor room, remember to take into account any design features you want to include.
Once the previous steps have been achieved, you can get to work on your dream space! However, if you don’t have the time to be erecting different out door room features, there are a number of pre-made garden buildings on the market to house or partially cover your hot tub. You can then add lights and furnishings to make the outdoor space your own.
Simple Outdoor Options
If you have your heart set on creating your outdoor space from scratch, there are a number of simple design options that can pack a punch. Laying down new decking or paving can completely transform your hot tub’s outdoor space. Alternatively, you could paint your fence a vibrant colour, or encourage climbing plants to grow up walls and trellises around your tub. Simply adding some comfy chairs, fairy lights, and a chimenea around your hot tub can create a wonderful effect. You could also turn your outdoor space into an entertainment area, with a BBQ and bar!
Things to Remember
If you have the money, it can be worthwhile utilising the expertise of a landscape gardener if you want to create drastic changes for your outdoor room. However, you will need to be very specific about the work you want done, so that it reflects your personal style.
Whether you want a Moroccan themed space, a nautical themed space, or minimalist Swedish look, make sure your plans reflect your style. Below are five design tips to remember when planning your outdoor room and hot tub area:
- Accessories are a must when it comes to giving your outdoor space the right ambience. If it will be a quiet space just for the family, a barbeque, minifridge, and solar powered lights will add a cosy feel. Plan on entertaining? Pop in bar, with obligatory stools, and an outdoor stereo system. Perhaps even some disco lights!
- You will definitely need a solid foundation for your outdoor room, especially considering the positioning of a hot tub. Paving and decking are both great options, but there is no reason why one side cannot be edged by a lawn if it fits in with your design plans.
- Like any room, lighting can make or break a space. Fairy lights, softer bulbs, and subdued lighting can create an intimate and tranquil outdoor room. Colourful, bold, and bright lights are fantastic for entertaining. You can always have a mix of both, that can be turned on and off as your desire.
- Many assume that you need bricks and mortar to create a room, but this isn’t true. Many outdoor rooms and hot tub spaces are created using screens, gazebos, hanging plants, hedges, and trellises. You just need to think outside the box.
- Always ensure that the furnishings you choose for your outdoor room reflect the look and style you are going for. When choosing materials, make sure they are waterproof. Or, in the case of chair covers for example, that they can be removed and stored somewhere dry easily.